04 March, 2011

Affect of alma matter on corruption

I was of the opinion that alma matter has an impact on corrupt practices. I believed people educated in reputed institutions are less corrupt. It may be generally true. But there are few more factors which prompt a person to be corrupt. To me it appears that inferiority complex in a person is one of the major reason for adopting corrupt practices. A person if brought up in poor financial state of the family with loose moral values if given an opportunity, he tend to more corrupt than the opposite. I came across a person who graduated from All India Institute of Medical Sciences, the best institution of the country, was totally engrossed in corruption. Yesterday I was talking to my co-passenger in Bhopal Express & I stated that persons from reputed institutions are generally not corrupt. But he refuted very vehemently & named the bureaucrat  who graduated from IIT & IIM was corrupt to the lowest level. The essence is, if society wants to reduce corruption, it should respect the persons who are suffering from inferiority complex to boost their moral for keeping away from corrupt practices. 

No comments: